Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Drawing Class - week 2

After a delayed start because the room with the mirrors was not going to be available then a podium was needed by the instructor as well as the overhead, we finally got to do some sketching. I should just get into the habit of sketching the teacher while she's in her flustered state. :D Anyhow, I did pick up a super sized sketching book (11" X 14") at a new for me local craft store. And at 5 bucks off I thought it was a good deal. This week's homework assignment is sketching your face on a mirror using the washable markers then tracing the results. One at the beginning of the week with practices in-between and one at the end of the week.
Here's some of last week's assignments as well as a in class exercise on two point perspective. I have to say I'm finding myself sketching a lot more and on every piece of paper that lands in front of me.  It's all good for me.

gesture drawings from a TV show....very difficult to comprehend and get the flow started but after loosening up, I actually began enjoying them.


two point perspective done in class without the help of a ruler too...this is good practice for me because I've had some perspective issues in the past.

2 comments:

  1. Nice sketches Jude and I love your graffiti post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid....I'm having a hoot in class too.

      Delete